(Not) Saying Goodbyes


 Though we only resided in Birmingham for 18 months, we met some very special people. I am amazed how caring and kind they have all been. An overflow of support was poured out for us throughout our pregnancy, after Leighton was born, and during our decision making process concerning Seattle. I appreciate each of them and I am beyond sad that I have to say goodbye. I am making them all sign contracts stating when they are going to come to Seattle to visit....dates and signatures required. As I have told some of them, my only regret is not getting more time to get to know them better. But Brad Collins (a friend from small group) said it perfectly when he prayed for us before we left. He said something like "though we will miss Wes, Casey and Leighton, we know it is only for a short time and we will get to spend eternity with them someday." This made me tear up but was also very encouraging at the same time.

We have found excuses to see them over the past week (i.e multiple going away dinners) Meet the fabulous people!
 Kenzie Graffeo, Krystle Stanley (and Noah), Tyler Anderson
 Krystle Stanley (baby Noah) and Kevin Graffeo
 Michael Luke Stanley 
Kalli and June V and Julie O
Jeff and June V
 Bill Anderson
 The Stanleys holding Leighton
 Amy and Ben Buchanan and Alana Dickie
 Brian and Erica Krogsgard
 Erica, Alana, Amy, Leighton and I 
Ashley Hamilton
Work Party 
I have never seen a baby with this much hair! Little suavio.
Wes has been beyond amazed at the power of the vacuum seal. He proudly tells me how many pants, blankets, coats, slipcovers, etc he fits into each bag. 
The packing process tends to be longer than normal due to play breaks (naps, feedings, and changing diapers doesn't help either) 
And playing with new toys! 
The Moores are ready for the Rockies.... first aid kit, orange smoke flare, compass, whistle, meal bars....survival kit packed 
 Somebody seems awfully relaxed while Mommy and Daddy pack ...
 Packing up the POD


Saying Goodbyes...
Packed in the car and leaving Birmingham ....heading north 

Comments

  1. I used space bags to move to Scotland and they worked fantastically! Save travels!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts