Fall Festivities



Hope everyone had an awesome week. We have relaxed and had fun in Spokane. Though we are still unsettled, we have tried to do normal activities. Spokane is screaming fall right now with its changing leaves and crisp 55 degree weather. So at the Austins house we have had nightly fires, ate chili and potato soup, watched baseball and had daily pumpkin spice lattes. Thursday, Katie took us to Green Bluff Growers. It is a collection of local farms that sell anything from Alpacas to raspberries. We decided to go to Walter's Fruit Ranch which has apples in season right now. We ate lunch, drank cider, picked apples, and toured around their pumpkin patch and country store. I can not wait to get back into a normal routine. But in the meantime I am enjoying time off work with my family! Pictures from the week.... 

Leighton is almost sitting up alone! Wes is saying "no hands" 
Leighton being festive in her different Halloween clothes 
And talking on speaker phone to Papa
Fall Family Photo... Leighton  is almost 5 months
 She experienced several new things and was a little hesitant on some....
 Leaves...
 Sitting in a pile of leaves... she is concerned....
 she is not happy....
 Aunt Katie rescues her. 
Walter's Orchard...
 Goats and sheep...
"I love sitting on a pumpkin...I'm sitting on a pumpkin..yay!"
 "Mommy, wait... am I suppose to be on the ground?"
"Straw and dirt? What is this? Mommy never lets me touch this. I give her 30 seconds to hand sanitize me." 
 Headed to pick apples.

 Look at you go, Wes! 
 We were not suppose to sample the apples, Eve.... 
 But they looked too delicious not to. 
Lastly we did a tiny bit of shopping....could not resist the mini boots! 


On another note, as I learn more about the city of Seattle, I am going to share it with you all on Fridays! 

Fun Friday Facts about Seattle:
  • Named the city with the most intelligent people in the US 
  • First Starbucks 1971 
  • Space Needle (constructed in 1962 for World Fair) is 605 ft tall 







Comments

Popular Posts