2800+ Mile Road Trip: Day 1-3

The journey from Birmingham to Seattle began with our trip to Clarksville, TN to see the in-laws. We were able to visit with Mimi (Candy), Big Daddy (Kevin), Mema, The Kings, The Bells, and Kim Wilson. There were a lot of tears flowing on both ends as we pulled out of the driveway Saturday night. I had my mini meltdown with Kevin earlier in the day. Emotions I can not even pinpoint stirred up as he described Wes' relationship with his late grandfather, Gramps, who I was unable to meet. I believe I am hurting mostly for my in-laws and my parents. I know it would be hard on them if it were just Wes and I moving but adding their only grandchild into the mix complicates matters. Kevin was very encouraging and reassured me that we are an inspiration to him and he is proud of us. He says his sadness is only rooted by selfish motives of wanting us geographically closer. I appreciated his words and hugs. Pictures from Candy and Kevin's....
Mema drove up to Clarksville from Union City to send us off. She said goodbye as if it was the last time she would ever see us. Dont worry Mema, you cant get rid of us that easy. You will see us again. 
Morning rocking with Mimi. 
Big Daddy postponed breakfast to snuggle. 
Pretty Kim stopped by to meet Leighton. 
Kevin and I playing ladder ball ... I need more practice. 
The Bells 
Sweet picture of Mema and two of her great- grandchildren, Kingsley and Laney. 
Kisses goodbye
 I had to make this sweet shot black and white. The way Leighton's smiling face is bordered by her grandparents is pure joy.

Next we headed 30 miles northwest to Hopkinsville, KY to see my parents, brother, and family.  I had another meltdown on my own dad that evening. No conversation started the tears this time but rather just the hug he gave me on the back porch. I wanted to enjoy the visit and not be sad the rest of the weekend so I pulled myself together and visited with Grandad, The Lombards, The Coons, Ben Carroll, Katie Kiper, and Ann and Franklin T Giles. Pictures from Mom and Dad's.....
'
Uncle Michael showing off Cheek's cheeks. 

 

Little pumpkin on a pumpkin. 
I'm not sure how she got on Papa's shoulders and I don't want to know. 

Comments

Popular Posts