You are my Sunshine, Sadie! 2nd Birthday Party!

Sadie turned two yesterday! The past two years have been filled with lots of trying and joyful times for Mom. But Sadie has been such a pleasant addition to the family. The girls love having each other, balance each other and stick up for one another. They can fight but they love each other's company. Sadie had some crabby moments as an infant… not much self-soothing going on. But her fire-ball personality as been very fun. She can be strong willed but she is also funny, cuddly, loving, welcoming, and busy. She loves doing what Sissy does but also will do her own thing. She is into baby dolls playing Mommy, puzzles, being outside, playing in water, and play grounds. Her favorite color is yellow. I am not sure if that was given to her by Leighton but either way she has owned it for the last year. Since she is not hooked on anything in particular right now we decided to just do a yellow party. There will be an enormous amount of pictures to follow. Hope this makes all the people not in Seattle feel like you were there!
The party was all things yellow! Yellow food, yellow decor, and all the guest were asked to wear yellow! (Thanks for the idea Melissa!) It was so fun having the guest help provide decorations by wearing a shade of yellow. We invited all the kids from Sadie's toddler class at church who were in the range of 1-3 years. Of course we asked their families to stay so we ended up with a large group of people. It was nice to have an excuse to get to hang out with some of my friends/the kid's parents I don't get to see often. A few of my friends came even though they don't have kids. It made me happy to have them there as they are a part of Sadie's life.
These two only wear black or neutral colors on a day to day basis. They are too funny. Thanks for getting out of your comfort zone ladies. 
Cindy found a cool book called "This is Sadie" 

Yellow Decor! I had a busy week, mentally and physically. My work has been a busy and I had procrastinated getting everything together till the week before party. All that to say, from 4pm when I got home from work till 5pm setting up for party at 6pm I was a little stressed. But by 6:15pm I was enjoying it all because everything was set up and now Wes just had to grill. The night before I did watch about 4 episodes of Parks and Rec while making yellow and white tassel garland. I hope Sadie will reflect back and appreciate that one day :)
Yellow Food! We served hotdogs with mustard, chips and corn salsa, greek salad with noodles using only yellow veggies and feta, yellow oreos, lemon heads, peeled apples, bananas, pineapples, and for dessert Kelsey made these delcious lemon cream/cookie treats topped with blackberries. Lemonade and water were the beverage options.



Singing happy birthday! Not sure if the wind or Sadie blew out her two candles but she enjoyed the lemon desserts! 



We went to a local playground, Meridan Park, close to the house that happened to be on Sunnyside Rd. The playground provided entertainment for the kids. Check.
Thanks for everyone participating by wearing yellow and coming to celebrate Sadie with us! She had a good time! Today she said "Do my party again"

I think big sister, Leighton had a good time as a lot of sadie's friends older siblings are her friends.


 Happy Birthday to the little girl who keeps me on my toes, cuddles, demands, loves, laughs, show wit, has personality, sass, stubbornness, gets hangry, admires her sister, hugs, welcomes, remembers, and loves being outside and free! 

Comments

Popular Posts