Adventures with Mimi and Big Part 3

Toward the end of the week we hit up the coolest playground at the Seattle Center.
See Leighton walking on the bridge in above picture so high up? I can't believe she was so fearless climbing up there alone. 
The lady who designed it was there today so I  gave her words of praise like "thanks for designing a merry-go-round my kids can't fall off of… genius" 
Wes had fun too! 
We kept cool in the AC at the Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) at South Lake Union. We took advantage of the free museum deal offered on first Thursday's of the month in Seattle. I only got to read a bit of the history because of the girls but I want to go back. History is so fascinating! I highly recommend it. They had activity stations around the museum too for kids like making these sailboats.
Wes caught this one… you think L was annoyed I was  cutting her boat sails out?
they also have a cafe that isn't overly priced
watching float planes take off and land 
On their last day we hung out around the neighborhood…. walking, getting dinner at Fisherman's Terminal and then ice cream. 
down at the canal… I think we might come back in our swimsuits as I found a spot that was shallow for them to wade. 
The girls each wanted to pretend to be a swaddled baby and then the mom.
 Dinner at Chinooks where the fresh fish comes in!

 Leighton and I made some granola bits. I don't like to cook but got a new cookbook after a friend and I went to a cookbook store in Fremont's author's night a couple of weeks ago. I feel like the family is healthy and eating clean when I use her recipes. Also they taste good and don't require many ingredients which I like… nothing too fancy! For the non-cooker, me, it works! Check it out: Simply Real Health Kevin, Candy, Wes and the girls all approved!
 Coloring in their room….
 And with their precious bunnies….
Wes and his dad cleaning the gun from their shoot from yesterday… man stuff
Thanks for coming! So much fun this week! 

Comments

Popular Posts