Monday aka Mom-day and Man-day

I like different days of the week for their own reasons… but Mondays, now that is a day Im thankful for. Most people don't get excited about Mondays, as it is usually the first day back to work after a weekend. But for me, Mondays are my set day off from work. I work every 3rd weekend on Sat/Sun so Monday is the only day I always have guaranteed off from work. I like my job but it is still work and I like being with my family more. Thus it is Mom-Day as it is my "free day" to fill up or not fill up. 

What does a Monday hold? Usually I over commit to things but that is okay. It is all good stuff. Sometimes I schedule meetings on that day or I get to play tennis with a co worker.  It does usually takes on a slow start… we can cuddle for days around this house. The girls favorite thing to do right now is make beds all over the house and tuck each other in. Below they have made beds on me. 
Here they are making beds… do other kids do this?
 I put doctor appointments on that day… below is Leighton sick at her 4 year old well check up. (20% weight and 70% height) Sadie enjoyed watching. 
 Sometimes we just hang out around the house and do puzzle or play in courtyard.
Sometimes we meet friends at parks, zoo, or their Grandma's pool.

Wes uses the time to do work for the church, have meetings, or get a break from his girlie household by going to the shooting range, running, or hiking (or all of the above).  Thus for him, it is called "Man-Day." When I am at work, I think his workout routine looks like this….
The family usually all comes back together around nap time. Either I get a nap in with them or quiet time while they nap. Occasionally Leighton will skip the nap and the two us will have coffee shop time together or take a slow walk. The girl will stop and smell every flower. 

After nap time, lately we have been heading off to swim lessons at Queen Anne Community Pool. I also have to schedule all classes I want to attend for the kids on Mondays. For swim class, one of us has to be in pool with Sadie so the other has to be with Leighton. Leighton does her class without us this year. Either way the whole family goes to Queen Anne from 530-7 for swim classes. There is a 30min break in-between so we have been getting Zeek's pizza and eating outside to kill time and solve the "what to do for dinner" dilemma. 
It is hard for Sadie to wait through Leighton's class and then dinner. As you can see below she is out side "reaching" for her class. 
 After swim class, Mondays lately have also included a few friends coming over to watch the Bachelorette. It was just 2 friends last season but then I discovered I had a few other closet-Bachelorette friends who were watching alone so now we get together for our guilty pleasure. I am not endorsing the show, only telling you what happens on Monday Funday :)

Comments

Popular Posts