Hometown Exploration

After the Dudas family left we stayed another night in Hopkinsville with my parents. We were able to explore some of the new aspects of Hoptown as well as visit some of my old favorites. In teh last couple of years they have revitalized the downtown scene so Wes and I were able to eat at the Mixer on NYE for dinner. During the day some of us took bikes on the new trail though most of the town. 

Also in the last couple of years they have opened a museum as well. I was fascinated by the stories of night raids that occurred in Hoptown over tobacco prices, segregation and the first black hospital, learning about why Hoptown is the "Batter Capital of the World" and analyzing the old medicine bottles with my medication safety eye. 
Though the most fascinating finding was Wes seeing that my grandfather was quoted in a news story about aliens stating "I think the whole story is entirely possible". My parents didn't even know this was a exhibition in the museum. 
We had to stop in Ferrells and let the kids experience a Ferrells' hamburger for the first time. Leighton ate 2.5 burgers and declared  them the best ever. 
The kids insisted on staying up until midnight which made for sleepy children at church and on the drive home. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts