Sweet Summertime


Summer officially started this week. We began the week with a visit from Mimi and ended the week (FINALLY) with some true Seattle summer weather! Now that all three kids have finished school we are all trying to get in a rhythm. When Mimi was here we did some playground trips, got sushi, and afternoon card playing. 
 Levi has a new found love for carrying around a baby doll... and what aren't loving is his new aggressive/strong opinion that leads into tantrums :( 
The girls set up a lemonade stand for the Solstice Parade and sold out! They took home $38 and loved when people said "you can keep the change"; Mimi and Leighton also went to the Pacific Science Center
 Leighton and I have been enjoying taking bike rides on the Burke Gilman together :) The one below was our trip to Gas Work Park (only 2 miles round trip from our house but that is enough for my little girl)
 If I even say the word "popsicle" Levi will demand me to open freezer and give him popsicle or show him here are not any if we are out. I have made them some more with fruit and yogurt or fruit and frozen sparkling/flavored water. He loves them!
 Wes started taking the kids ham mocking too and all seem to enjoy. Below are the types of pictures I get when I am at work. whomp whomp whomp....
 What about when the weather is not perfectly 75 degrees and sunny? Well Mimi had given Sadie this Giant Busy Box and the girls help them selves to it...make crafts or whatever....when the craft supplies closest gets dump or the box gets dump it is easy clean up for them!
I took Leighton's picture with her puppet she made
 We ended Friday going to South Lake Union Spray Park to enjoy the warmer day. I think it only got to 81 but still hot enough for the kids to splash around.

Comments

Popular Posts