Family Updates

With five people in our household, it seems like we have a lot of people doing, enjoying, learning and interested in different things. So I thought I would give a little recap/update of what each family member is up to!

Wes - Wes is not working for Hallows Church (I can't remember if we updated you all about this in Jan). He did not have enough time to give to week day church hours and care for three small kids. He does continue to joyfully serve as an elder over the Justice and Mercy team, weekly set up, coordinate serve days for the church, and his annual sports camp is coming up next month. Though he has wrestled with Stay-At-Home- Dad contentment at different times, by the Lord's grace he is currently enjoy managing and leading our household. He does it all. Oh and he is running a half marathon on June 16th for World Vision so if you want to give to clean water (already raised $3500!) CLICK HERE

Casey - I was working at Seattle Children's in the same position I have had since we moved, a solid-organ transplant pharmacist until yesterday. I just took a different position at Seattle Children's, the Pharmacy Educator. What does a pharmacy educator do at a hospital? Well our inpatient pharmacy (not the outpatient pharmacy were you get prescriptions) has 80+ pharmacist and still hiring. We are a big department! So I will be in charge of training new hires, keeping up with competencies, and ongoing training. I envision expanding the role to include more coordination of CE, presentations, outside of the dept training, and professional development. I have mixed feelings about the new role. I am scared Ill regret leaving the solid organ transplant team where I feel comfortable, enjoy the relationships and friendships with the doctors, nurses and pharmacist I have worked with for five years. Prayers to transition well and continue to remember career is not my treasure so no matter where I work for this time or in the future, let me glorify God. I still enjoy leading a bible study with my co workers. At the end of the month we are going to start 1 Peter by Jen Wilkins and I am pumped! 
Its been fun to ride my bike again (first time since our move 6 years ago)... I feel like a kid! I even rode the short mile to Fred Myer on the Burke Gilman to pick up a few things, how Seattle of me. 

Leighton - as you know she just turned six and graduates kindergarten on Friday! I can not believe it. She loved kindergarten so much and is sad to see it come to an end. She said she will miss having Mrs Marshman as her teacher. We loved the school this year and it was good for all of us. Leighton currently enjoys writing, learning to read, and "inventing" or creating things outside or inside from new recipes to contraptions to dump water on Wes after a run. She teaches us all her memory verses and songs from school. She adores Levi and "schedules" cuddle time with him periodically during the day. Sadie is her best friend. Leighton's converstations are enlightening and she is so impressionable at this age.  It is a convicting reminder. 
I don't want to forget how she ask me what I'm studying a lot. Tuesday when she asked, I said 1 Peter and the next thing I know she is in 1 Peter in her bible taking notes. We have the best convos and discussions during these sweet moments. 

Sadie - She compliments others, is sweet and loving like no other, and can be stubborn and not let stuff go. She laughs and plays hard. Sadie is quick witted and prays with passion. She loves to create cards, color, and "write" in her notebook. She likes to hang with big sis so Leighton is teaching her to sound out words. Despite what she might say, Leighton is her best friend too. Sadie has been very patient and loving toward Levi as well. 

Sometimes she wants her way and when it doesn't happen she doesn't let it go....
Levi and Sadie have been bonding lately; she likes being someone's big sister!

Levi- oh my little  14 months of joy! Newest tricks are dunking basketball ball, whistling, waving bye, showing his muscles when he hears or see a picture of muscles, coloring and lifting one leg while he says "jumps". He is trying to say more words but understands a lot of commands and objects. Levi hands out kisses, plays chase, and will always sit down to be read to. The boy will eat anything, especially if it involves potatoes. He loves his PACIFER and is an awesome cuddle bug.

Below are the images that come when he hears you say "show me your muscles" 


As a family we have enjoyed having the neighbors over once a month for dinners. We have met a lot of new people and like having others in our home.

Comments

Popular Posts