My String Bean

We had our 4 month old well visit today with Dr. Hardwick at Vestavia Pediatrics. I am sad this was our last visit with him. Hopefully Delaney Arthur or Matilda Reeg can hook Leighton up with a great pediatrician in Seattle.

Leighton's 4 month stats:
11 lbs 13 oz (25th  percentile)
25 1/4 inches long (90th percentile)
15 3/4 head circumference
3 vaccines done
Dr Hardwick's comments: "She is a bright eyed little girl. Impressive the way she pulls up to sit. She is  perfect, but you already know that" (His staple line we will miss)

Everything checked out well with Cheeks. As you can see from her stats she is long and lean....little string bean. I feel like the well visits are also check ups for the parents. Though the nurses and doctors ask their questions about Leighton in a nice way, I feel like they are also evaluating my performance as a parent. How is she eating? Sleeping? Hitting milestones? I guess we "both" passed today. This is probably because Leighton was flashing him smiles so he let my silly questions slide by without judgment.  What.... I had to make sure he looked at her spine and head and told me everything is okay. Those are two important body parts I like to keep tabs on. Yes I know I am weird. It is a blessing but also a curse working at a Children's Hospital. Anyways, she had to get 2 shots today, one of the vaccines was liquid which is cool. The shots were probably harder on me than her. She cried but it was short lived.  Here are some pictures from our visit

Before leaving the house....looking stoked! 
 Smiles in the waiting room
 Getting measured
 I reviewed the vaccines she was going to get with her and made sure she consented 
 She agreed but looked a little nervous....
 The tears after the shots 
 Battle scars...
 Short term memory loss?  happy again....
 Leaving the doctor (hair bow and pants didnt make it back on after shots...) 

Comments

Popular Posts