Bye Bye Birmingham

I am no stranger to moving. My address has changed 8 times in the past 8 years. Seattle will make the 9th. I will have lived in 4 different cities in 4 years (Lexington, Louisville, Birmingham, and now Seattle). I have to say that out of the past 3 cities, Birmingham has been my favorite. Wes and I decided that if we move from WA it will be back to AL more than likely. Lexington was great for college and I love being in the midst of Big Blue Nation 24/7 and Louisville houses my brother, his girlfriend, and some very close friends but the city of Birmingham was wonderful...  (and I'm licensed in AL and I dont want to take another pharmacy law test!)

Top Things I'll Miss about Birmingham: In No Particular Order....


1. Our small group: wonderful, supportative people who I want to strap to the top of the Highlander and take with me to Seattle
2. Love of college football: though Alabamians straddle a fine line of worshiping the sport, the enthusiasm has been entertaining and non-confrontational with myself since I care about basketball and fans of the past 2 National College Football teams do not.
Flags fly from Aug- Jan non-stop whether it is a Monday or Game Day

3. Co-workers at Childrens of AL: find me a job if I return one day please and everyone who is there now needs to still be there! you guys are fun, kind, encouraging, and I will miss you all dearly

4. Proximity to my BFF: Ash Im going to need you and Ry guy to move an hour away from Seattle instead of being an hour from Bham

5. Chick-fil-a: yes that is correct..... there are none in WA. Fail.
6. David Platt: I have enjoyed studying the bible at Brookhills. He is an amazing teacher. Yay for podcasts!

7. The Buchanans': It was great finding other Cats fans in the midsts of "RTRs" and "War Eagles". Please visit and bring Alana.

8. Waking up at 5 am to our 70 year old neighbor yelling in her raspy smoker voice for her dogs Rosco and Levi to get back to the house....okay I will not miss that. (snipped a pic of Levi)

Comments

  1. oh casey!! I am in denial that you all are moving...Ryan and I are going to have to continue follwing you, Wes and Leighton around the country :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts