Firsts for Leighton


The family traveled to Seattle for my job interview this past week and Leighton had several firsts....

FLYING HIGH

I was nervous about taking a baby on an airplane. Thoughts about her crying on the plane, getting her off her schedule, germs on the plane/airport, going through security, etc flooded my mind the week before the trip. But I have to say the trip was a success. She flew like a frequent flyer. Mostly, she slept on the plane. I either nursed, bottle fed, or pacified her when ascending or descending to avoid ear popping. And putting her in a carrier and leaving the stroller at home was a wise choice. Once when she did cry out there were two 4 year old brothers screaming in the background.  Also flying with a baby less than 5 months old is a lot easier than a 15 month old. (advice from traveling moms with toddlers)


ROLLING OVER 5 TIMES IN A ROW
She has rolled over before but now I would say she has mastered the front to back roll. 

HOTEL LIVING

A couple involved in the Church plant, The Reegs, were out of town for 2 days and graciously allowed 3 strangers (Wes, Leighton and I) to stay in their awesome townhouse for 2 nights. We enjoyed getting to "play house" in Seattle. But afterwards we stayed in a hotel close to Seattle Children's for my interview. Leighton did well and actually slept great all week. Maybe she is going to like the northwest! 

THUMB SLEEPING
First time she put herself to sleep sucking her thumb. Though I don't necessarily want this habit to exist she did look sweet. 

THAI FOOD

Leighton didn't physcially eat Thai food but I did, so by default she did. Poor baby experienced gas all night. It sounded like we had a 50 year old fat man sleeping/farting in the pack-n-play.

PLAYING/GRABBING AT TOYS
Leighton increased her activity level this week. We noticed a change in how she plays with her toys....more grabbing, longer holding, more talking, more reaching, and a little giggling! 

Comments

Popular Posts