Fall Foliage at the Falls


When we can get out of the city for a day retreat, we jump at the opportunity. Since I have been working full time and all three kids are doing some vacation of part-time to full day school Monday - Friday we look forward to agenda-free weekends. Might I add, first grade is no joke. Leighton is in school all day and she has about 15 minutes of home work and general reading practice to do nightly. Though that doesn't sounds like a lot it seems like we are on a  little wheel from 630am to 730pm daily.  Leighton gets home from school around 330pm and I get home usually at 4pm and then we just play a bit/relax/go for walk, home work, dinner, bath, reading, bed, repeat. So weekends full of nature, no schedule, naps for all and church are very nice.

Today we went to Snoqualmie, WA to visit the waterfall and train depot. I think all three kids had a good time. 
Leighton brought her camera and also wore my grandmothers neckless of the state of WA with a salmon on it. Gran had bought it in the 70s when she had visited Seattle. 

A couple of other tourists took a family photo of the 5 of us. Usually it is me behind the camera. While I was taking Leighton's picture, Sadie grabbed my phone from my back pocket (which is typical) and then preceded to snap pictures of me. I think I deleted several burst of me in this same pose. 
But I got some pretty shots of the girls next to the water!
We took a nature walk by Kelsey Creek on the way back in Bellevue with a goal of seeing salmon swimming up stream but had no luck. 
 We had a couple of toddler moments of crying to walk and not be carried ... I think this is why Levi and I spent most of the time walking slowly behind the others. 
 Till next time Snoqualmie Falls! 

Comments

Popular Posts