Happy Birthday to Me

I could not have asked for a better birthday present. A squishy thighed, smiley baby boy who turns 5 months old today! When I look at this handsome birthday gift I can not help but think you just got a 15 lbs or more of mercy in your lap. It reminds me of a quote a friend shared "While it is perfectly true that some my worst fears did, in fact, materialize, I see them now as an abyss and amass of mercies, appointed and assigned by a loving and merciful Father who sees the end from the beginning. He ask us to trust Him"- Elizabeth Elliot.

What does this sweet boy like to do:
- Sleep in his Merlin Sleep Suit This thing is magical! It is the perfect in-between from being swaddled to being able to roll over to belly. It keeps his reflexes from waking himself up and he feels cuddled without being in blankets. We zip him up awake in it, give him his passy and  he drifts off to sleep. Love.

- Sleeps or rides well in Ergo and carseat he will occasionally fall asleep now.
- Put everything in his mouth. My first kid who actually prefers and loves Sophie the giraffe


-Crunching his way to sit up position

- Looking out in someone's lap or the stroller

- Will play contently in bumbo or on floor for sometime before getting bored.

- Still pushing up on tummy time but not rolling over

- ALL TIME FAV is being talked to, sung to, or playing peek-a-boo

- Drooler- my first kid who will actually spit up a little but mainly needs a bib due to drool

-Still only takes a bottle. No nursing. It is probably not going to happen at this point so we don't even try anymore. He likes the bottle so that is what we do. But I tell you.... exclusively giving pumped milk is hard on this momma! Washing bottle and pumping supplies is getting old. Also I realized that we are getting close to me having pumped 1000 times for him in his life and he is only 5 months old! Don't hold me to the 1 year standard, please.

Here are some more pictures over the past month of the little guy before he turned the big 5 months! Growing up so fast...and yes he is the boss.
 So I kinda look like a boy version of my sister Leighton at this age... who knew that skinny 5 year old had cheeks too!

 This past month he also had a good MRI which we rejoiced and praised God for!

Comments

Popular Posts