First Haircut, First Pedicure, and First Tooth Pulled

This past week all of our kids experienced something new. It is one of the fun things about being a parent. You get to relive all the firsts all over again and its so much fun to watch your kids enjoy it. Levi was indifferent over his first hair cut. He had some random long strands and a slight mullet forming so we do a little trim over the ears and around back. He still has a natural mohawk going on...
We told Sadie when she was three she could get her first pedicure. She had never been with Leighton and I and was not going to let us forget our promise! She was serious at the beginning of the pedicure, taking everything in and being completely still as instructed by the Pro (Leighton). But as she got more comfortable she made sure the entire place knew she didn't know Vietnamese when she yelled out "I can't understand what these ladies are saying." 
 Leighton hit a big milestone in my book. Its one thing that she turned 5 and another thing that she is starting kindergarten but to loose a tooth! Wow! And to see a permanent tooth coming in just makes me feel like she is getting so old. She is was nervous but so excited to have a loose tooth. I let her tell me when she was ready for me to pull it. It was hard for her to commit but I could tell by her nervous laughter and giddiness she would be fine. I felt the tooth was ready so I said "let me just wiggle it a little more..." and out pop the tooth. She had laughter tears for minute not because of pain but just overwhelmed with what happened I think. Then she couldn't wait to tell everyone and we celebrated with ice cream of course.
Leighton is such my little helper too. Since I am pumping 6-7 times a day for Levi, I am sometimes hooked up to the machine and can't pacify him if he gets fussy. Leighton is gently with him. Sadie I can't really trust but she will try for me sometimes. The other night I even had to have Leighton feed him while I pumped him some more milk after church.
Levi just doesn't want to miss anything. We have found other places to sit him so he can be involved...
\
Don't worry the girls still have a lot of fun. They get to play and not just be my helper :) 

drawing the vegetables from Wes garden

Comments

Popular Posts