News Update: Week 36

Wes:
Wes has been a trooper over the last 2 weeks doing so much while I just sat around. Very thankful for his servant heart. Also his softball team won the championship tournament today...undefeated! Very exciting! He had a lot of fun playing and L and I enjoyed going to the games. As she has also liked trying to play herself...

Leighton: 
Wes and I don't know what we are doing but we began the potty training process 2 days ago. We let her pick out the panties she wanted... she of course choose Thomas the Train (side note: they are little boy undies as Thomas, I guess, is not for girls).
Any advice on potty training is appreciated. We have had success by letting her run around the house bare bottom and rewarding with M&Ms when she goes to sit on her Stan the Jumping Frog potty. We have had less accidents each day around the house but I am nervous about transitioning to outside the house without a pull-up or diaper on. We will cross that bridge soon I guess. As you can see she needs to snack sometimes while she pees...

Extended Family: 
Mom has been spending QT with her dad, Grandad. He is about the same but sleeping more and having blood pressure control issues. Thanks for thinking of them as well. Dad has been in Brazil for two weeks and comes home tomorrow. Prayers for safe travels for him.
Michael and Katie K are getting close to their due date too! I think she is about 32 weeks... due at end of Aug. They had a baby shower this past weekend. We wish we could have celebrated with them but hope to see them soon enough!

Katie A also came over a week ago and filled our freezer with some nice meals. We enjoyed delicious kabobs and chicken burgers over the weekend! Very thankful for the meals : )

The City:
In our neighborhood, Fremont, the Solstice Parade and Fremont Fair took place this weekend. The parade was at the end of the street. I didn't waddle down there but did people watch from our courtyard. Wes went down and tried to get a few pictures for me but it was pretty inappropriate as the parade begins with naked cyclists. Literally hundreds of naked people with or without paint on their bodies ride down the street. It is pretty crazy that this actually happens year after year. Wes even saw the mayor down there passing out re-election flyers. Eccentric to say the least. Here are the rules and why the parade separates itself from most:
1. No advertisements, printed words or recognizable logos.
2. No live animals (except guide animals).
3. No motorized vehicles.
4. No actual weapons.
Article from Seattle Times about it: CLICK HERE


Wes took this picture.... literally this many people at the end of our street, fifty yards from the house. 

Me: 
Thanks for the prayers over the past 2 weeks.  Y'all have carried me through almost 2 seasons of Lost and Friday Night Lights.  I am 36 weeks as of today. The doctor released me from bed rest so I was approved to go to work. Mixed emotions as it was nice being home  but it will be good for family for me to get 100% of pay again. Since my normal inpatient shifts and transplant shift were already filled by my supervisor (he didn't think I would be coming back) he is letting me work on project material until the baby comes. This is very nice as it means sitting at a computer, not stressed instead of walking around the hospital. I prefer that the baby stays in 2 more weeks but I know I am not in control. Still no decision on a name if you are wondering. Wes and I have commitment issues and probably over think our selection too much. So.... suggestions are still welcome if you are finished having kids. I understand that if you are planning to have another child you may want to keep your favorite names a secret  :) 

Comments

  1. We just potty trained Noah. Originally we didn't have intentions of starting this early but she practically started training herself so we had to jump on board. Originally we rewarded with stickers but she grew tired of them. So during a three day potty training crash course I switched to M&M's. The worked like a charm for Noah. Each successful potty break is followed by lots of cheering and celebrating and then a M&M.
    Unlike Leighton, Noah is still going around bottomless. I am trying to teach her to wear big girl underwear so we will see how it goes. We need to make a little progress in that area because it is getting a little embarrassing that she likes to flash everyone at Small Group!
    Leighton is adorable in her Thomas the Train undies! I can't believe you are so close to having baby number two. Keep us updated with posts as time allows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input Krystle! We were the same in trying stickers first that didnt elicit the response that M&Ms later did :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts