Father's Day

Happy Fathers Day! Father sounds too formal to someone you have a personal relationship with right? I prefer Daddy : ) Anyway as you already know I think the world of mine. He claims to be my biggest fan and I claim him as my hero. I love getting to watch him with Leighton as I believe its a glimpse into the way he acted around me as a kid. I used to think he was perfect and could do no wrong but as I got older I realized I shouldnt idealize him as he is not perfect. It made me realize just how magnificent Christ really was and is that though my dad  strives to be a man of God he is not God. Its actually a beautiful picture of grace and humility because Dad knows this as well. Anyway here are some throw back pictures from the 1980s....

And Ill speak for Leighton because though she talks non-stop and tries to write her name, she is not yet typing on a computer :) Wes does so much for his 2, going on 3, girls that words can not express my gratitude and praise for such a leader. Cant believe this is his 3rd fathers day. Leighton loves him to death and being able to trust him with her in all ways is more than I could ever ask for as a mom.
"Fly me like Dumbo, Daddy"- L
"You can do it all by yourself Bug"- Wes
Leighton gave Wes his gift after they had a lot of father-daughter QT today. They went on a hike, went to Wes' softball game, and then to church together. It was very hard to sit at home while they did fun activities but glad they could spend the day together!
Wes got a journaling bible just like I got for Mother's Day! Matching!
hanging up artwork on frig she made at church tonight
And though Wes doesn't write on here either... we can not forget Kevin. Happy Fathers Day to him as well! Thank you for being supportive of us and especially Wes. It is tough sometimes on us being far from family but I know that when he hears encouraging words from you it always makes his day and I love to see Wes happy :) I need a pic of Kevin and Wes from back in the day but here is a sweet one of Wes when he was little...


Bed Rest Update: Thanks for the prayers and please keep them coming for baby's health and her to stay in longer! Tomorrow is 35 weeks which is great to be one week closer. Feel some contractions most evenings but nothing serious yet. I am going a little stir crazy as it is boring to sit around all day and also sad I cant always help Wes out! But Ive been able to go through 1 Corinthians with Platt via podcast and started the series Lost and Friday Night Lights to keep myself occupied :)
 Link for Podcast: http://www.brookhills.org/media/series/the-cross-and-christian-community/ 

Comments

Popular Posts