The Ultimate Bond

We made it. Leighton has been formula free her whole life. My parents call me a persistent person. (I believe that is because I nag them to make doctor appointments and follow up daily until they do. It is only because I care, I promise.) I believe my persistence paid off this time because I refused to give up nursing or stop pumping despite the inconvenience at work. Leighton is almost one so we have started introducing one bottle of whole milk a day to get her used to the taste. It has gone well but also made me sad. It is a bittersweet time. Seeing Leighton get older, eating more solids, using her sippy cup regularly, and now drinking whole milk makes me feel like I am losing my little baby and she won't "need" me anymore (at least not for milk). People always say having a baby is the most rewarding experience. Giving natural birth was an experience for sure, but since it happened so fast and I didn't know what to expect....I would have to say that nursing has been the best experience with Leighton so far. Yes I enjoy all the new things she does....crawling, pointing, giggling, and now walking....they are very exciting but having that bond with her for the past year has been so rewarding. Nursing is like a multiple time a day cuddle time with her that I will surely miss. I enjoy being able to sit still, hold her, look at her, be quiet, and just pray over her. So as my time nursing is winding down, I just want to encourage any preggo people out there to nurse if possible. You will not regret it. I am not talking about the initial motivating factors the AAP tell you like it is better for the baby's health, it is cheaper, or convenient. I know it is not always possible for people due to different circumstances but if you are debating and can, then I say do : )

See she is growing up too fast! Getting into my nail stuff and cabinets!


Comments

Popular Posts