Mommy's Day

Wow. I can not believe I am old enough to be the "mom" that is celebrated on Mother's Day. It is crazy to think about but so thankful for Leighton. I am very happy to be her mom. I think it is a mutual feeling from her end ....so far anyway : ) Nonetheless, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. I now understand what a big but rewarding job it is and appreciate more than ever the sacrifices that my mom made for me over the years. I know I have a lot of learning to do on "being a mom" so I am sure I will continue to appreciate her more and more. Unfortunately I was not able to celebrate with my mom physically but I did mail a card, call, text, email, facebook and skype... I just realized I used all means of communication on her today! She should feel loved right? But I did get to spend the day with my sweet cheeks and Wes. They made me breakfast and gave me the gift they made this morning. No I didnt receive a hand-printed card or flower pot. Wes put her to work. They used tools! I had been asking for a coat hanger to put beside the door because we never have anywhere to put people's raincoats. Well my wish came true... they hunted down a piece of wood (part of a pallet) then got an assortment of knobs from Anthropologie and drilled them onto the board. I was surprised (because Wes always cringes when I want to purchase stuff at Anthropologie) and appreciative today!
mother's day gift
After L first nap we then went to the zoo.  We got there when it opened to beat some of the crowd but since it was 75 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.... people were bound to make their way there! L probably enjoyed the fish the most so maybe we need to go to the aquarium soon.
Loving the salmon that the bears eat! 

Looking at the zebras
We took a little walk around the neighborhood when we got back and all shared some mango sorbet. Then after L second nap we went to her school wide pool party. It was her first time being in a swimming pool. It was a lot of fun seeing her enjoy it. I was happy we didnt have to worry about sunscreen since it was a heated indoor pool.
new swim suit for pool party! 
first time in a swimming pool
With Kim (who organized it) and Delaney 


If you ask me it seems like all day we did things Leighton wanted to do! I thought it was Mother's Day not Daughter Day! I guess that is what it is all about : )


Have a great week! 

Comments

Popular Posts