Sunday Funday

Fremont Market occurs every Sunday. It is an outdoor market that sets up rain or shine two blocks from our house. So since we have lived here we have enjoyed frequenting 34th street on Sundays to either get some food, purchase a gift or something for the house, or pick out flowers from the various vendors. This particular Sunday they had a Mobile Food Rodeo going on in between our house and the Market. For some reason selling food out of truck/vans is very popular on the west coast. Below I have taken some pictures of the Food Truck Rodeo and The Fremont Market so everyone can appreciate our neighborhood's personality: vintage, eclectic, free-spirited, culturally diverse, locally supported, and charming....

Mobile Food Rodeo
Fremont Sunday Market 
Yesterday was also the Derby! I missed the actual race because I had to work but I did take a homemade Kentucky Derby Pie with me. No one at work at had had it before and it was a success. Thanks to my Aunt Debbie for her recipe! And Leighton wore a hat (and a diaper) around the house in honor of the races : )


Comments

Popular Posts