Hallows Church Retreat: The Firs on Lake Whatcom

I considered not going on the Hallows Church Retreat this year to protect my feelings. I foreshadowed a sad time of emotions with our impending move in 2 weeks. But I am so glad we went. It was the best way to spend one of our last weekends in the PNW, worshiping, studying, hanging out with great friends, and being in a pretty setting at the Firs Retreat Center in Bellingham WA.

 The kids loved being to run around a camp center, play with friends, have nerf gun wars, the playground/court, and do kids ministry provided by Brazos Pointe (a partner church in TX).
I'm going to miss sweet friends you actually love and care about my kids 
Fun water activities during free time on Lake Whatcom, along with basketball games for Wes and a trip with friends into Bellingham for me. 

Sadie had it in her mind she wanted to get the trampoline all day. She didn't want to swim out because the water was cold an deep even in her life jacket. What she did when I wasn't looking was grab someone's giant unicorn float and set sail out to trampoline. She got almost there and a college student from Hallows pulled her in. Determined and successful. 
One last S'more with Moore' before we go! Tear! 
 

I thought Kim had gathered my children to try to tell them convenience  us not to move to Cleveland but she was  really just encouraging them. Special person. 
At the retreat, past elders were thank for their time serving on the elder board and new elders  affirmed.  This was when Wes and I both got emotional. He was the first elder affirmed for the Hallows and has served for the last 6+ years. So much history, memories, and love with and for the Hallows Church body. 
Now to go catch up on our sleep! Levi started before we left the parking lot. 

Comments

Popular Posts