Book Title: Happy 7th Birthday, Leighton / Author: Mom

Happy 7th Birthday to my beautiful eldest daughter, Leighton. Her day started off by opening presents from her grandparents and having one of her favorite breakfast dishes, bacon and biscuits. Then we took muffins to her school class to celebrate her around 10am. Wes stayed at school and chaperoned her field trip. Levi, Sadie, and I ran a few errands to finish up for her surprise birthday party that was happening after school. Months ago Leighton randomly mentioned that she would like to help me plan a surprise party for herself :) I noted that and another comment she had made "For my birthday I can just do a book party with Delaney and Mrs. Hurst where they come over and we read". Also noted. Invited Mrs Hurst over for dinner next week. And she gave me the theme to her surprise party, Books! I think her confidence in reading has significantly increased over her year in 1st grade and reading is now fun.

At Leighton's school, SCCS, auction we bought a gift card for a 10 kid party to PlayDate SEA. I invited her closest friends from school and church to come surprise Leighton after school. I was minimal on decor (we're moving so go easy on me) but did get a three two balloons (1 was lost getting out of the car by an unnamed child prior to party) and a "book" cake was made. My friend, Emily, and I wrestled fondant for the first time in an attempt to make a stacked book cake. Her gifts included a lot of books and small activities/games for our roadtrip along with a  pair of roller skates!

Levi got his play cupcake/candle and sang happy birthday 
Surprise Birthday Party!  

 Don't look too close to the book cake...
She never wants to be center of attention
PlayDate SEA play area
Party favors were a bookmark and a notebook for each kid to create their own story/book and later mail to Leighton to read in Cleveland or keep! 
Happy birthday sweet soul. Mom and Dad are so proud of you and love you more than you can imagine! 

Comments

Popular Posts