An Increase in Thanksgiving gives God more Glory

I am full of thanks today. Of course I love the kids and Wes, family and friends, my job and coworkers, and the my gift counting list could go on and on. In fact at work tonight, a rare reason took me past our old NICU room which was a nice reminder of how God cared for Levi. How thankful I am that we are not still in there. Everyone's thankful list is long if we look around and take the time to name them. But this Thanksgiving I was especially reflecting on how circumstances, health, wealth, and feelings shift around. Some days are hard and some days we laugh a lot.  So ultimately, I can enjoy the gifts God gives but I give thanks to God because of who He is. Because we can lose gifts or get more gifts but none of that changes the how God views us, what He has done for us, or who He is. I praise Him because I know He cares, He listens, He heals, He saves, He rescues, and He rejoices with me. So keep extending grace to others and telling people of God's grace/the gospel and He will be magnified.

"For it is all for your sake, that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God" 2 Cor 4:15

Thanksgiving is always different when it is not family traditions that we grew up doing at our parents or grandparents houses. But we did have several Thanksgiving festivities over the past week....

Today I had to work so our friends graciously invited Wes and the kids to join them for dinner. I was sad to miss but they sent leftovers home with Wes!
 Skype calls with your 93 year old grandmother on Thanksgiving day who is in TN.
 Friendsgiving with our Hallows Missional Community and a few other neighbors.
Wes cooking a turkey for our Friendsgiving 

Sadie's school had Thanksgiving Pageant. She was beyond excited to get to be on stage. Sadie has watched Leighton do things like this for 2 years and it was finally her turn. She rocked all the songs and even did extra performances at the nursing home today for Ms Ann, Mr Bill and Ms Leone (and anyone who will listen) 
I am thankful to be able to watch each of the kids in their elements. Levi is such a joy. He is content, goes with the flow, smiles and babbles, and loves to cuddle. Leighton is quiet, obedient, thoughtful, diligent, intentional, smart, protective, (sometimes bosses and selfish) and sweet. She works on her scarf she is knitting periodically and I just smile when I see this as she reminds me of a retired, older woman. Sadie is determined, competitive, stubborn, affectionate, a consoler, loves food, and her writing skills have improved. She likes to color, draw, paint, and craft lately. She makes me belly laugh a lot.
And this smile below is the face I got after I caught her pick-pocketing my phone. 
 I got to volunteer in Leighton's class for her Thanksgiving day party. I made kid snack cornucopias. SO EASY and fun! Fill waffle cones with whatever you want :) I used pretzels, gold fish, popcorn, chex squares, cranberries, and 1 piece of chocolate.
 We are all worn out from parties, work, and full bellies...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Comments

Popular Posts