Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday

On Thanksgiving we spent the day at our house. Mom cooked most of the food, Wes did do the turkey and I at least contributed some dressed eggs and cake. We also had some special guests. It was their first Thanksgiving and our first meeting. Sadia and her 3 kids (plus 1 on the way) came over for lunch and hung out late enough for round two of the feast. They said they were thankful getting to have a thanksgiving meal for the first time but I know we were more blessed to met them. Pray for Wes and I to continue to love on this family, not be selfish with our time/resources, and not worry how our life is too messy to be involved in other peoples because that would be missing out.
 Thankful for my little turkeys! 
This picture doesn't do it justice but I call Sadie my shadow because she is literally playing at my heels, following me around, or wanting me to hold her 90% of the time when I am at home! 
For those of you are shopping today on Black Friday, I have some ideas to help us all! I was trying to explain to Leighton why people give gifts at Christmas in relation to Jesus being born. I said things like its a symbol of us showing love to each other by giving gifts just like God gave His Son to us. Jesus is the gift. I also said Christmas is Jesus' birthday so people give gifts as a symbol of this too. It may be that people just like to give and so the holiday season gets everyone in the spirit. Either way, I got to thinking that if it is Jesus' birthday, then we should be giving Him gifts. Don't get me wrong I think it is nice and does show love when we give or do nice things for each other. But I was thinking…. what would Jesus want for His Birthday? I know I am an over analyzer but sometimes we have to think about "why do we do things we do?" The greatest commandments are to Love God and Love Others. So He wants us to give our lives to making His Name known, bringing God glory, loving Him  and to love others as ourself. 
So what can we give up to give to Jesus? Matthew 25:40 Jesus says that whatever you did for the least of these, you did for Him. So maybe we could do some shopping at one of the places below? Several friends have suggested this and I've heard of other families letting their kids be involved in this kind of shopping which I think is great. Besides the ones below that make it easy online, giving to someone you personally know in need is a great idea too! 





 Happy Thanksgiving from the Moore's (can you believe everyone was looking up and smiling at the same time???)

Comments

Popular Posts