She is so old! Okay its just Preschool.

I know, I know, why the big fuss? Why is going to Preschool such a big deal, especially since she is only going to be gone for 2 days per week from 9am -12pm.  Well I guess it is because Leighton has really always either been with Wes or I since she has been born. Yes she is in children's ministry at church once a week for a couple hours but we are in the same building. Yes we have dropped her off at friend's houses for play dates a couple of times but they are all close friends of ours. And we should leave the girls with babysitters more often but it is not that convenient. So this is a big deal to our little family. What if the teachers don't understand her personality? What if other kids bully her? What if she takes toys from others? What if she doesn't listen? What if she has an accident because she is scared to ask where the bathroom is? I know these things may happen but I don't want to picture it. So I pushed it out of my mind. I prayed for her, with her and for Wes and I to take these transitions as smoothly as possible. We were excited. We talked about preschool for weeks. Leighton was excited.


She woke up at 5am ready to go. I tried to get her to go back to sleep on the couch and she looked out the window and said "the sky is awake so I am awake. We have to play" (she was quoting Frozen but it worked) So I got her dressed for school around 630am and took her picture before I left for work. Wes said he didn't even get a hug when he dropped her off. Just a wave as she ran excited into the classroom. When he picked her up she said she loved it. She filled us in on as many details as she could  such as "two boys made a fight at the train table" and "Ms Heidi said to sit on your circle so not to distract other kids". I found it all way too fascinating! Excited to get to volunteer in her class. She said there are a lot of boys in her class but she made a friend with another little girl. Hope the love for school continues.
This evening at home she said she needed to do school work to prepare for her next school (meaning after preschool so pre-k?) and she wanted to play school and teach me a few things! 
I did see this article the other day and thought it was very funny and very true. I mean here I am blogging about my 3 year old's first day of preschool :)

http://www.scarymommy.com/back-to-school-the-70s-vs-today/ 

I get to see my dad who has been in Brazil for 3 weeks in 2 days which makes me smile too. Happy Wednesday!



Comments

Popular Posts