Summer Recap

We will do a little lighter post then my others this week. As I cleared pictures off my camera I thought you might like to know "what the girls are into" as Leighton says. 
Sadie: loves taking rides in the red car. She will go stand by the door until we let her out in the courtyard like a dog. She loves being outside and she loves going for walks in the red car. I don't know what we are going to do when it gets dark at 5pm. 
 She also likes getting in the doll bed and pretending to go to sleep. This makes me smile.
Sadie also likes cooking, stirring, banging pots, and putting things in containers. She is dressed up as a fairy because of her sister. 
 Occasionally dressing them alike is fun :)
 Sadie is also attached to "bunny" her sleeping buddy. Here she is post-nap showing me how much she loves "bunny".
 They both have enjoyed splashing around in the kiddy pool and the awesome bubble machine!
 Sadie does not like us feeding her. She prefers to feed herself, is trying to use forks now, and MUST hold her own apple.
Leighton is into "Frozen" currently but still loves elephants. She enjoys curling her hair, jewelry, makeup, and jumping rope. She likes to decorate things and make notes for people. She will talk non-stop if you keep the music off in the car. If the music is on, then she is singing. She tells me things like "one day you are going to come home and Sadie and me will be gone on a date" or "I'm moving to KY to live in a tree house like the Berenstein Bears" or "we shouldn't move to AL because they have tornadoes. We need to show Sadie the amazing paths the tornadoes make in the book" She is at the stage where she ask a ton of why, when and how questions. It is fun. I like her company. I like our conversations. 
 So far she is proving to be a little more athletic than sister. It is funny how we can see her coordination and love for balls that I didn't see with Leighton at one.
 Both girls like the sand….
 Sadie also wants to climb and get on all the "big girl toys". Below she is proud of herself for getting on L's tricycle.
 Sticks are always fun. Sometimes I wish we had no manufactured toys. It would make them use their imagination more.
Friend time is always fun. This is only a little over half of the 14 kids at Cheryl Hartmans house (from only 5 moms!) 
 As a family we took swim classes this summer. We were all in the pool. We only have 1 class left and we will miss it. The girls always went to sleep early on Mondays :)
ignore Leighton picking her nose
Together they like to paint there toes. Sadie makes Leighton read to her and Leighton makes Sadie push her. 
outside in PJs and hats! 
And we tried to stay cool here too… Leighton waters Sadie…and going to spray parks and wading pools!
Sadie at the end of the rainbow! my pot of gold :) 

One more camping trip that we know of this weekend planned. Next week Leighton has her preschool open house. I can't believe fall is almost here!

Comments

Popular Posts