Sassy Sadie

"I hope if I have a little girl next she is sassy like Sadie"- said a friend who is the mother of a little boy at church last Sunday night. And I thought…. you nailed it. She is Sassy Sadie. It is so fun to see her little personality blossoming. Wes and I are really enjoying finding out what she is like. People have asked me if she is similar or different to Leighton. Though somethings they do remind me of each other they are also different. Leighton has never enjoyed being messy. Sadie will waller in the dirt (and try to eat it). Leighton has always picked at her food. Sadie will eat anything I offer. Leighton (till recently an attitude has emerged) has been relatively compliant and passive. Sadie is loud and will wrestle to get her way. Leighton is cautious even as a baby. Sadie is fearless and only cries if it is a bad fall. Leighton was equally attached to Wes and I when she was less than one. Sadie is a Mommy's girl right now. Leighton likes to read books. Sadie likes to play games. Both as babies were busy bodies and rarely sat/sit still. It will be interesting to see if/how Sadie may change by the time she is 3. The title Sassy Sadie is probably because when people she doesn't know look/talk to her she either gives them a scow or a huge grin. Expressions are written all over her all the time, rarely in a blank stare. Or "Sassy Sadie" fits because when Leighton tries to parent her/not share her toys she tells on Leighton by doing a fake cry. Or because when I sit Sadie on the floor to tuck Leighton into bed she runs to the living room and when I catch up to her at the coffee table she just grins. She knew it was bedtime and tried to bolt. It is fun. It is sweet to watch Leighton feed her or share with her. It is sweet to watch Sadie point (new skill) toward Leighton and get excited when I say "lets get Sissy". It is challenging when Sadie's firecracker personality comes out and she is back bending to get out of our arms and on to the ground so she can do exactly what big sister is doing. But all 10 months of Sadie is precious, chubby and I am not ready for her to turn 1! Stay my little boogie!

Thoughts by Sadie….
"you think I love my slick comb over after bath but really Im just happy to be at the table hoping for food"
"Sissy can sweep then I can sweep too. Don't take this broom from me" 
"Sissy invited me to ride in the big part of the cart for the first time.  Woo Hoo"
"Give me your watermelon. If you don't Ill go to the next person.  WATERMELON!" 
"Sissy holds her crayon like this so I know it is what Im suppose to do but I really just want to eat it"
"All is right with the world in Mommys arms" 
"I shouldn't have to say what I want. I point to it and you get it. thanks"
"I have your makeup Mommy. You want it back? Just kidding Im not giving it up" 

Comments

Popular Posts