Snowing in Seattle

Snow Day! Well sort of... I still had to go to work. I guess the pharmacy can not take a break. I understand.....the kiddos need their medicine. Anyways, Wes and I were led to believe that it does not snow in Seattle. I guess we were led astray. But I think it is accurate to say it does not snow often. Yes the eastern part of Washington State and the mountains get a ton of snow, but in the city of Seattle, snow is not very common. That must be why on my way to work, all the roads were still covered, not many cars were out, and I did not see one snow plow. Rumor has it that Seattle only owns 8 plows for the whole city. We roughly got 4 inches of snow that I could see. All the schools were canceled and there was a little panic in the air. I believe neighboring counties got upwards of 10-13 inches. Below are a few pictures from the day! The evergreens covered in snow are beautiful! Also it is Leighton's first snow.... had to capture .....
view from parking lot at work.... nice view huh?
 Leighton was a little concerned. We could not get a smile out of her. It is normally easy to but she was little mad at us since we put her out in the snow.
We got her out to show her the snow but it did not last long.... it was very cold! 
We warmed up with a little Cafe Ladro. Oh how this little girl is my whole world. 
Now there is a little smile from Cheeks! 
Some people were out nordic skiing on our street! Looks like fun!
Our street covered in snow! 


Comments

  1. MY SWEETIE IS TOOOO CUTE.......LOVE IT! CHEEKS BROUGHT THE SNOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So envious of your beautiful snow! Send some to Virginia. ;) Thanks so much for visiting my blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts