Thanksgiving Trip

We went to KY and TN for Thanksgiving this year. It was the first Thanksgiving we got to be with family since our move to Seattle which was nice. I messed up and deleted pictures from my phone so I couldn't upload them on here .....but here are some from the trip off our camera. You know how it is... you end up taking more on your phone than camera. Anyway the trip was good. We got to spend half the time with my family in KY and be apart of my cousin, Heather's, wedding. Wes officiated and the girls were flower girls. They made it down the isle so that was good. Unfortunately we brought lice with us. We think it was Leighton's school's stuff dog we were in charge of babysitting for the week who even made the trip with us. You know where that dog ended up ...  I admit that I broke down and cried that day. I had woken with the worse sore throat and then discovered the lice on her head.... it was too much. But fortunately later that night, my mom, Katie and I were able to laugh as we sat around with olive oil in our hair as our de-louser, Karen instructed. It was an annoyance just as the cold I had and later in the week stomach bug that caused a morning of vomiting. Big picture.... still grateful for family and health. Small picture... sad I didn't get to really hug and kiss on Amelia and Parker much. 


Got some sweet pictures of cousins together...

the babydoll was our stand in Parker while he napped
Pictures from wedding....weddings are unfortunately also not relaxing with little ones but it was sweet to watch how much Leighton enjoyed being a flower girl and them dancing at the reception, and I would have missed them if they hadn't been there.

For some reason on vacation you stay up later and wake up earlier... is it really a vacation if your kids are with you? :) Anyways one morning I couldn't help but be happy to be up at 530am... look at that sunrise in my parents backyard. 
 For Thanksgiving day we got to go to Union City to see Wes' grandmother who is a young 91.
 Wes was enjoying showing the girls some of his old stomping ground, Tennessee soil.
 The girls LOVED
the babies. I know they will be sweet big sisters to #3 soon.... due date moved up to April 9th! I can't believe we are 17 weeks away.
Amelia
Leighton making all play War (her favorite card game)

 Took the girls to their first movie theater experience. We saw Charlie Brown's The Peanut Movie. It was cute and the girls enjoyed it (and the popcorn that was flowing).
 Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours! #WeGotLiced #Thanksgiving2015

Comments

Popular Posts