Sadie's Sixth Solar System Spectacular Party!


Sadie had requested a space theme birthday party months ago. She has enjoyed books and toys on space recently. The timing of it was unexpected and neat since 7/20/19 was the 50th anniversary of the lunar landing!

Sadie invited three little girls over and then was joined by her siblings and cousins! 
We started off pretty educational :) The kids each made a solar system with the 8 planets in correct order. 
Levi did not want to participate because he was still waking up from his nap. 
Then the kids each painted either a moon or sun stainless panel.
Sadie didn't want to wait until the end for cake so cake was next! 
I did another cake hack.... bought a pre-made from Whole Foods and covered it in black fondant and edible glitter starts. I used foil to cover up my poor fondant edges :) 
While the kids ate the cake, I had Grami read a book we found "If you had your birthday on the moon". It was full of facts that I enjoyed, not sure about the kids. 
Next Sadie requested a water balloon fight. Not a toss. A fight. I tried to call it a "planet fight" 
Then I had Wes lead the kids in kickball. 
And Marc and Wes got into ball tag against the kids. 
Little Piper enjoyed watermelon! 
 But no one really enjoyed the astronaut ice cream. Thumbs down from my three kids. I think it tasted like malt balls.
Overall, Sadie thought the party was good so we will call it a mission success! 

Comments

Popular Posts