One Year in Cleveland


We arrive in Cleveland about a year ago this week. Anniversaries always give way to reflection. I think back over how lost and foreign everything seemed in those first months. I think about all the ups and downs and confusion over why we were in Cleveland. I think about putting my identity into work, missing being known and knowing people, and just the general things we had come to love about the PNW. But also I was able to reflect on the graces of Wes job, a home, friends for the children, nice neighbors, gracious invites from strangers turned friends, a church community, and personal and professional growth. I learned about new sin struggles but also how God uses me in those situations. I am thankful that just a year later I am getting to facilitate a bible study with other pharmacists from the Children's Hospital. In Seattle that was one of the things I enjoyed the most and to be able to do it again in a new context with new coworkers (some who are Christians and some who may not be) is only the work of the Lord.

Here are a few pictures of things we are enjoying about the Cleveland Summer, the best season here just like in Seattle. 

Going the Cuyahoga National Park to do hikes and blueberry picking 
Local ice cream shops like Mason's Creamery, Jeni's Ice Cream, Malleys and Mitchells
 Exploring downtown

 Our own backyard!
 Rocky River Water Zone

Local shops and restaurants in our neighborhood



 Hosting people for dinner or baby showers like below for Sharon
 Walks around neighborhood to Elmwood park or biking to Rocky River park / to bakeries or ice cream



Enjoying improving our home (lots of trip to Lowes!)
 Finding coffee shops even if there are not as many as Seattle they do have their share of locals

 Still having movie nights here and there









Comments

Popular Posts