32 years


Thirty- two years old and you never stop learning right? Despite my new title at work being, Pharmacy Educator, I am actually seeing how much I don't know. Its a humbling experience to take a new job. And a quick reminder to be gracious to others and give yourself grace as you try to navigate something new. Or even harder, navigating the new people and personalities in a work environment.

I am also continuing to learn how to parent. Though I am 32 and I have had six years of parenting under my belt, that is nothing compared to the years ahead and three little different people to guide through life. It can be overwhelming but I am trying to quickly remind myself that these three little people are ultimately God's children and I get the important but freeing task be His ambassador to them. I am continuously having to learn new things about them, pray to love them well, do tasks like  figure out school supply list and sign up sheets, attend birthday parties, ask the Lord for patience, ask the girls for forgiveness, or try to fit in sweet individual time with each of them. 
school supplies and coffee shop dates (Leighton ordering alone and paying with her Ladro card like a little woman) 

The Lord, The Teacher, is also discipling me. He is showing me to be in community with Him and others is the ultimate blessing. The Lord has continued to hold up the bible study with my coworkers and give me a desire to know His Word well. He has given great friends who pursue us and neighbors for us to pursue. The Lord also challenges me out of my comfort zone to embrace hard conversations, serve when its not convenient, and slow down to be intentional in relationships. AND know none of it is possible without strength in Christ. Sweet reminders and so much learning to do hopefully in the next 32 years....
the view I get when I meet Wes and the kid after work.... they love hammock-ing 
 The kids surprised me with donuts at work and cleaned house when I came home. Sadie can't keep a secret as she reported Wes' plan to me immediately before I even left for work. We went out for sushi at our favorite place in Ballard and then Hawaiian shaved ice for dessert in West Seattle. The girls like my birthday more than me actually. They enjoy making cards, giving gifts, setting up tea parties, and surprising people so any excuse to celebrate something is a win. 
sushi dinner
Mango Shaved Ice
In fact I kinda celebrated all week. When I was off work Sunday, the girls and I snuck off to brunch without the boys at Queen Mary's Tea Room. Then Wes let me shop kid-free with some birthday money Mom gave me which was productive. Also our sweet neighbors had us over for dinner and surprised me with a cake :) And my coworker bible study got me my childhood favorite cake, Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake! Thank you for the sweet text, cards, and gifts in the mail from family/friends afar! 
coworkers
neighbors house
 Queen Mary Tea Date with the girls! They dressed themselves and me in our fanciest matching clothes! 
Happy Labor Day Weekend to you all! 


Comments

Popular Posts