Early 1st Birthday Celebrations: Little Blue Truck Party

Dont get me wrong, I am not rushing the little guy to turn one any faster than it will happen. Since he is my baby, every first for him is my last. But, I knew it was rare, special occasion to be able to have both sides of our immediate family together to be able to celebrate Levi. I didn't want to do anything big but just enjoy time with our parents, siblings, cousins and Mema! Levi does not have many male dominating toys, but he does have The Little Blue Truck book and others in the series. We have read it to him since he was first born and he enjoys it. So a Little Blue Truck party it was! I always have fun throwing the kids birthday parties. It is a time I get to be just a little creative since my job does not really involve that :) The other sweet thing about having his birthday party a month and a half early was that I got to have it at my childhood home. My parents house also hosted Leighton and Sadie's first birthday parties. Though theirs were bigger, this was all I could handle this year. A small little celebration for a special guy. Oh, and one more sweet thing! I packed Wes' childhood 1 year old overalls for Levi to wear for the party. I think it was a nice surprise for Wes and his family. Oh, and he is sitting in my grandfather's high chair from 1930s :) 
 The decorations were burlap, blue picnic table cloth, animal balloons, farm animal toys, tin containers, crates, and pictures of Levi. To eat we had fruit, chips and dip and chocolate chess pie for dessert since the Little Blue Truck gets stuck in the mud.
 We had to get all of Levi's cousins together in a picture with him. With the entertainment from the grandmothers, all six kids 5 and under were at least sitting still long enough for one shot.
 Happy Birthday Big Boy! 
 You are loved! 
 For a game for the older kids, we hide eggs around "the farm" for the kids to find.
 Mom has been packing up for their move, but she unloaded some toys for all the kids. It is so fun to me that she kept so many of my childhood toys. I get sucked into playing with them just like its as yesterday!

Comments

Popular Posts