Thursday Laughs

I don't know if it is the lack of sleep that Wes and I are finding these articles so funny but if you need a little Thursday laugh to get you to the weekend then click on any of the article before or just go to The Babylon Bee. Our friend sent the one about Ann Voskamp to Wes because the guys always joke that the ladies like her writing but they can't understand what she is saying. Here are a few other articles I liked. Click on title to enjoy the full blurb but I included a little line from each below. Enjoy!


Pastor Admits ‘Doing Life Together’ Just An Excuse To Do Whatever


“Frankly, it’s genius,” Gosport reportedly crowed to three of his friends during a weekend golf outing. “Normally, you get all sorts of flak from the family if you want to go grab something to eat and just watch the game, you know? But if I tell my wife I’ve got some guys I need to ‘do life with,’ she instantly approves, no questions asked. That’s actually what I told her I’m doing right now!” he laughed, before stepping up to the tee box and driving the ball.


Perfectly Good Bonfire Ruined By Worship Leader Who Just Happened To Have His Guitar


“It was so chill, but then we were all kind of trapped,” said victim Thad Jennings. “I mean, what can you do at that point? Say, ‘No, I don’t want to worship the Lord, I’d like to keep eating s’mores and talking with my friends like I thought we were going to?’”
The musical session dragged on for roughly an hour and reportedly included renditions of “How Great is Our God,” “Indescribable,” and “The Heart of Worship.” Sources confirmed that a small Jack Johnson medley was also thrown in at the end.

Woman Still Waiting For Co-Workers To Ask About Her Faith

“It really shouldn’t be that complicated,” she continued. “I mean, I smile at people as I pass them in the hall. I hold doors open for people. I even have a good attitude on conference calls! I still don’t understand why people don’t ask me if Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life.”
“I guess all I can do is keep praying and keep waiting,” she added.

Ann Voskamp Addresses Conference Via Translator

“Fan flame,” Voskamp urged the audience in a loud whisper. “Fan it in the gloaming, to the redolent glockenspiel, with Paris askance. Wildly, a laughing womb, a reflection in nuzzling. Proceed from a place of salubrious reticence. Gather, but forefend.”
A cautious silence enveloped the auditorium, until the interpreter explained Mrs. Voskamp was saying she was quite pleased to be at the conference. Passionate applause broke out at that point

Comments

Popular Posts