And then there was Five...


Yesterday was day 1 as a family of 5. Grami left after being our free 8am-10pm nanny. Im not even sure how much she got to see or hold Levi but she played with the girls which was a huge help! As everyone has said Levi is physically hard but the girls are mentally hard. She kept them from watching too much TV that would have happened if we hadn't had help. The weather being nice and having 3 adults to 3 kid ratio allowed everyone to get out at some point daily as well.

I think I benefitted more than Levi on Grami buying  me things! 

Dude just sleeps through the noise in background
Sadie had also been asking for a hair cut so we even were able to have a girls time for Sadie at Sharkey's She didn't really need a hair cut but got a trim for the experience. She got shampooed and her and Leighton sweetly held hands during process. She even took pictures I had taken of her 1st hair cut there to show the barber. She loved it. Afterwards I told her I liked her haircut and touched her hair and she said "don't touch my new haircut please. its a no-touch item"

Grami had only been gone 30 minutes (Wes was gone too taking her to airport) and I had to resort to turning on Magic School Bus. All was well when they left. I had laid down Levi in his bassinet and I was playing with girls in their room. Then he starts crying so I go into put him back to sleep and tell the girls to stay out of my room for a minute only to have to come out with a crying baby as I find Sadie beating down Leighton in the hallway. Leighton is crying. Levi is crying. And Sadie is immediately put in time-out. I was too upset to spank her in moment (our rule is no spanking when we are mad). So far in this parenting thing, nothing upsets me more than to see one of my kids hurting the other kid. So we were all in the living room watching Magic School Bus when Wes returned. Win some and you lose some right?
Sadie has missed our cuddle time and attention from Mom I think.
The rest of the day was a blur as Wes napped when girls napped (he had started his day at 2am) and then I napped in the evening. It was 730pm when I realized I needed to shower to feel human. Levi has had a cold which has made nighttime sleep hard for all. For that reason when one of us showers the other brings him into bathroom to get steamed. I knew the girls needed a bath too but we had to conserve hot water for Levi's steam. So the girls got into shower with me and then Wes brought Levi into bathroom for steam. I started laughing in the middle of it as all 5 of us were in our tiny bathroom, the light was off because it is connected to the fan, and a single candle was burning. The girls were saying things like "why is the light out?" and "I need a towel". Wes was singing to Levi on the other side of the curtain. And I was laughing at the chaos that is now a family of 5. Its the little moments like this I don't want to forget. I ended up getting out of the house for a bit at 845pm to meet a friend at Ladro down from our house. That was refreshing. Last night was again a tough night with Levi's congestion. Pray for him. And Leighton came in our at one point. Sadie came in I think 4 times during the night. What is going on?! I think it is their way of adjusting too to our new addition. 
Happy 2 week birthday Levi! 
He loves to sleep on our chest. 




I love his tiny yawns 
whatcha thinking about, son?
he has several shampoos and Ive left his clothes on so he doesn't get cold :) 
The girls are loving giving Levi kisses and want to help with diaper changes. They may ask to hold him about once a day. Mainly they are excited for him to be able to do things other than pee, poop, eat, and sleep as noted by the many toys they sit around him.
leighton teaching him to smile 
Leighton reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom to him
He is changing and getting more alert everyday. So we started reading too! 
Here are some other pictures I took of him so I can remember the newborn stage!
He got a doggy so we can measure how Levi grows! 
And selfies with mom because that is how we can get our picture together. #momlife 

Comments

Popular Posts