Camping Trip: Kalaloch

So 21 adults and 24 kids (I think?) spent the weekend camping on the Pacific Coast in Kalaloch. We did this last year (HERE) but just one night. This year we braved two nights since it is a far drive. 
We got in Friday night just in time to set up camp and get to bed. The girls were beyond excited to be sleeping in matching sleeping bags. 
The next morning we let them play on the beach. It is the definition of a Pacific Northwest Beach. There are large rocks in the distance, drift wood for miles, sticky sand, cold water, and a fog that hangs right above the waves. Sadie was dying to get her feet in the water… unfortunately that ended with her tumbling in the cold water… 
Sadie can handle being dirty but I learned she is not a fan of being wet. Literally the kids and I changed about into 4 different outfit in 2 days. It was my way of trying to feel fresh when I can't have a shower. Leighton likes playing in sand and jumping into it but is not a huge fan of being dirty, probably the cleanest person in our family.

super concerned about her hands...
We battled a little misty rain on the beach but the kids didn't let it stop them from playing on the drift wood fort. 
Since it was already a wet day we decided why not drive into the Quinault Rainforest. Our family camped here 3 summers ago (HERE) and I remember it being sunny and warm but this time not so much….
Lake Quinault
We went back to the see the World's Largest Sitka Spruce Tree and the kids enjoyed throwing rocks into the lake. There is a ranger station there too and I LOVE ranger stations. I think because it reminds me of my childhood. Either way I went in and made Melissa point to where we were on the map :) 
We finished the night with dinner, roasting marshmallows (first time trying them with Nutella spread which was a success) and then attending the nightly program for kids at the campground. 
Leighton loves roasting hotdogs. Wes and I can't do hotdogs and so we buy veggie dogs for the kids. They don't know difference :)  I think this pic of L is screaming "Mom, you do you. And I'll do me." 
Sadie loved her s'more 
nightly educational program about PNW ocean life
We enjoyed camping with friends! 
spike ball game with the adults 
sweet little girls hold hands 
Photo cred: Kelsey 
The sun popped out for in the morning but it was still cool enough for one last fire and we had enough time to let Leighton hammock. 
Sadie likes to spend a lot of time in Mommy's lap. Im not complaining. 
 Until next time Olympic National Park! (Sadie would wander forever in the drift wood if I'd let her and if someone can please tell me when 4 year old Leighton turned 14, thanks.) 

Comments

Popular Posts