Play Dayz Sports Camp

In the midst of me working a full week, Sadie's birthday, our anniversary, the nursing home bowling, swim lessons, two groups of people from other churches in other states coming to serve alongside us this week, the second Party in the park and 2 friends birthday parties to attend… Wes was in charge of a sports camp for kids 5-12 years old.  A lot going on!  (Just a note…. being busy does not equal being important. I am not trying to say we are important but just that a lot of activities/work/service/celebrations fell on the same week for us. I sometimes go there though when I hear people tell me they have been busy, I think "I am slacking in life/being worthless because I haven't been as busy as them." I believe those thoughts are lies and sinful comparison. Maybe I just went too deep on one phrase but I wanted to make sure that was clear) All that to say we needed reinforcement.  I called my mom at the last minute to come help me/ help us so we could make all of our engagements. Thanks Mom. Lifesaver.

Anyways Play Dayz is a three day camp at a low cost to serve the kids in the neighborhood. It is designed to be fun and teach basics such as  no one is perfect, everyone needs help and keep learning (backbones of the gospel). It is not a "church camp" but just a way for us to serve the community and provide a low cost ($10/family) for anyone interested. Last year only about 10-15 kids came and this year 40 kids were pre-registered! Wes was feeling a little nervous before the first day of camp because he wanted it to be fun and safe…after all 30-ish parents had trusted their kids to us!  I reminded Wes with something he has frequently reminded me. "It isn't you doing any of this anyway Wes. You have the Holy Spirit in you and there is nothing you can say or do that God can't redeem." I also told him something I read the other day that I loved  "Being courageous is not wearing a badge/metal but rather wearing humility" Amazing what God can do. God has surrounded Wes with a  ton of great help. Lots of volunteers and interns from Hallows have been unbelievable with the kids, organization, registration, set up, parent's lounge, etc. Here are some pictures!


 I told Mary Ann I was snapping a picture of the master mind behind the operation. Of course she cringed but seriously …. Wes is forever indebted to you.
Sadie enjoying the shade and a seaweed treat! 



Comments

Popular Posts