"I'm In" as the 12th man

The Seattle Seahawks are the 2014 Superbowl Champions! Im sure you all saw the slaughter that Seattle put on Denver last Sunday night. I would say that if you weren't a Seattle fan, then you probably got bored with the game. Wes and I were definitely cheering for the Seahawks. It is very hard to not jump on board with this Seahawks team. I have always been annoyed by UK bandwagon fans so I am careful not to call us that but since neither of us "had a NFL team" prior to moving here….we joined in cheering for Seattle last season. They were good last year so it was easy to be for them and of course it was even easier to cheer for a winning team this season.  So Pete, I'm in. Russell Wilson's maturity as a 26 year old, 2nd year quarterback who graciously gives credit to God warrants a fan. Pete Carroll's enthusiasm on the sidelines and joking manner during interviews warrants a fan. The city who has never had a NFL team win a Super Bowl and goes NUTS makes it fun to be a fan. Being a fan known as the 12th man for a team gives pride and ownership. Last season I got to go to a game as the 12th man and this season, Wes did. We have been #12 in the loudest NFL stadium. It builds camaraderies with co-workers, friends, and helps unite us with the community. We have to cheer for the home team, right?

Here are some pictures of the city showing support...
 And my work has been decorated for several weeks now. It is also okay to wear jerseys and Seahawks gear with work pants/skirts… pride > professional
Wes surprised us with festive donuts on game day.

And a direct quote from Leighton "My toenails and fingernails are ready for the game. I need my eyes ready for the game. Mommy I need eye black" …. Sure thing sweetheart!

Comments

Popular Posts