A for Avocado

Sadie turned 6 months a couple of weeks ago but I just hadn't had a chance to post pictures of her first food experience. She tried avocado two weeks before the actual 6 month birthday. She was showing interest in what we were eating and she was sitting up so we went for it! So far so good. She has enjoyed bananas, sweet potatoes, oatmeal and carrots in addition to avocados. Unlike Leighton (first child complex), I did not plan out what Sadie would have or put as much thought into what we are feeding her. It has just been whatever we already had at the house that we could mash up or steam and blend.


At her 6 month visit she as in the 50% for weight and 75% for height and Dr Hall referred to her as precocious. She is definitely a busy-body and into everything along with interested in everything going on. 
It has been too cold to take her outside for pictures but we tried to get some in the house the other day! 
 Leighton continues to do her own thing… pretend play, crafts, puzzles, etc. She actually had her first sleepover at a friends house Sunday night! It was so weird being at home and only tucking one little girl in. She stayed over at Delaney's house and Kim said they did great. They went to sleep immediately and stayed asleep all night. She didn't even cry when we left or care that we weren't there in the morning! Big girl! She had a blast….
All is well if she is on her cot, with Dumbo, blanket, quilt and her pillow.
We are excited to announce that in the fall Leighton will start preschool at Little Feat two days a week. If it goes well and works with our schedule we will increase the days she is there. We heard nothing but good reviews from other friends who kids go there and when we went to their open house we immediately felt like it would be a good fit for her.
“Train the children in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
 I just finished a book, my friend Ash sent me a while ago, called One Thousand Gifts. I would recommend it to others as she speaks Truth in the book and encourages you to look to Christ in every thing you do each and every day. To give thanks in all circumstances and count the blessings, gifts, and evidence of grace in the little or big things in life...  ultimately be thankful for the greatest act of love, the Cross.
For from Him and through Him and to HIm are all things. Ephesians 5:20 
 She dares you to keep a journal and write gifts daily. I have taken the challenge. It is not meant to be a legalistic action or work based approach but a discipline….. to change my thought process, to experience true joy that is only capable through Christ.  I have realized more and more how my sin is always rooted in selfish behavior and when I dwell on it I spin deeper and deeper into darkness. Thank goodness Jesus is light and the light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it (John 1:5) So maybe this exercise will become a way of life…. giving thanks to God and focusing on Grace and others. Easier said than done, I know. So if you ever want to hold me accountable and make sure my eyes are focused on Him… by all means check in on me! I need it!


Comments

Popular Posts