These Are a Few of My Favorite Things THIS Christmas Season..

Well I was getting tired of the previous blog background so I switched it up a tad. Verdict is still out on this one but it was easy enough to click a few buttons for a computer challenged person like myself. If you guys were bored with other too, I hope this makes you happy.

Anyways, as I type the blog title today, I sing the song and I want to give gifts away like Oprah previously did or Ellen currently. Not in the cards for this girl but I do have a few favorite things. Some may say these are cheesy, cliche, or sappy but I truly mean them even more recently than ever.

First, Grace. God's sovereignty, Jesus's sacrifice and the Holy Spirit's peace of mind. Many of you have been praying for me as I have experienced some very scary, and real anxiety in the past few weeks. Definitely lies from Satan but also my own sins shone to me in a new light. Maybe the girls will read this at some some point and realize that their mom did not have it all together. Maybe it will help them realize if they are ever a mom or just feeling like people depend on them,  that Jesus is the Sustainer, not us. His word (reading Romans and now John) is the only dependable thing.

Secondly, community. Prayer warriors of friends and family in Seattle and in KY have been so encouraging and supportive speaking back Truth to me. Their advice from scripture and not "you can do it", "pick your self up by the boot straps",  or "self help" worldly advice because when we trust ourselves and not Christ we only fail. Thankful to be free from that pressure.

Thirdly, family. The girls are so sweet and simply a joy. No matter how many sleepless nights I have, I will stay awake a few minutes longer just to cuddle either one of them! And Wes is just a rock. So supportive and doing everything he can, like getting up in the middle of the night, to give me a little more rest. And mom and dad for listening to me daily (multiple times) and mom flying out here last minute. The holidays definitely make me miss you guys so much!

Fourth, anything Holiday. I already watched Home Alone twice. Check. We have tried to do some other holiday festivities….

Went to Swanson's Nursery to see the live camel and reindeer...
 Dress in holiday style for a few Christmas pictures of the girls together...
 Go to the Sheraton Downtown to see large, over -the-top, detail oriented, nursery rhymed themed gingerbread houses…..
Make our own gingerbread train (from a kit)...
 Play in boxes… seriously just get Leighton a box for Christmas. The imaginative play that comes along with it makes it totally worth it!
 Go to the Zoo to see the WildLights. Well done zoo.
 Enjoy a little snowfall….
 Bake fake and real Christmas cookies...
Dress up for Church in matching outfits….(both rocking the same fake smiles)
Buy super fun ear warmers, like Leightons, just because….
 And enjoy little Sadie turning 5 months old! She is getting more fun each day with smiles, giggles, reaching for us, and almost sitting up!!!


Comments

Popular Posts