Fall is in the Air

I have decided that fall is my favorite season. The weather is getting cooler so you can begin to change your wardrobe. The leaves are changing colors and I have to say fall is pretty in the northwest because the colorful trees have the dark evergreens as a background. During the season of fall you have a fun, silly holiday (Halloween) and a family/friends/love/blessings themed holiday with Thanksgiving to celebrate and then you get to prepare/look forward to Christmas. But I believe it is the little things inbetween that make me enjoy fall such as apple picking, apple cider, pumpkin patches, pumpkin anything, hot lattes, fire pits, and all/any other fall festivities!

We have been trying to enjoy the season and have been thankful to not have many misty days so far! Below are some pics of the area and our kids :)
My drive to work through the University of Washington campus

Leighton on her skuut bike going down our street
taking a hike in Discovery Park in Magnolia
view of Pudget Sound/Olympic Mountains in Discovery Park
Hallows Church BBQ before church
Leighton always wants to do the bubble station
Sadie sporting her tobogans for the cooler weather.
She is still rolling front to back and now holding on to toys
pic from my car on the way home from work as I passed lake union
We went a couple Fridays ago to the Farm at Swans Trail to let Leighton pick out a pumpkin but puddles were more fun.
 And pretending to be Humpty Dumpty on the wall is also fun...

When I asked her to sit on a pumpkin and smile she said "Mom Im not ready yet" when I first tried to take her picture. And then she told me she was ready when she had finished posing. Who is she? How old is she? Two going on fourteen?

Making fall craft projects with leaves we collected from our ''nature walk"
Playdate with Caroline. Leighton had the same outfit as Caroline so when she came over in her blue pok-a-dot dress,
I put L's on and they loved it. Friends dress alike.
Wes was away at a Hallows Church men retreat in Leavensworth, WA this weekend. There were men from all stages of life that attended but from talking to Wes afterwards, I think it was very rejuvenating for the dads of the group. A weekend away from kids and wife, in the outdoors, at a cabin, watching football, studying the Word, playing with motorized toys, and a night of uninterrupted sleep. Im glad Wes had a good time but he was missed by us. Thankfully my friend Molly gave me company and helped with S and L. Here is a picture he sent me from where they were staying...
And a video he sent of a drive he took through the pretty trees...


In two weeks he will be gone again with a collegiate retreat. Please be in prayer for the students going and the leaders as well. Happy to say my parents will be out to keep me company that weekend!

Pictures of more fall festivities coming soon....  a pumpkin carving contest Tues (fun right?) and a Halloween Costume Party this weekend...

Comments

Popular Posts