Seattle Celebrations

Happy Birthday Leighton! It has been a life changing year for Wes and I. It is crazy how a 2 and 1/2 foot little girl can change your world forever and each day just gets more and more exciting! Each new thing she does thrills us. What a joy it is to watch a person develop. I know I keep saying it but .... it is the coolest thing ever.
Well Leighton's brithday was on May 24th. We were in Seattle so after work we took Leighton swimming at an indoor pool. It was the only thing we could think of that she would say she would want to do if she could verbalize it. She loves the "wa-wa" as she calls it.
Then the three of us celebrated by letting Leighton have her first piece of cake or a cupcake. She would barely even try the icing. She just kept saying "hot... hot..." because of the candle. I do not know if she has my sweet tooth...to be determined.
It was nice celebrating Leighton's birthday with just her and Wes since I knew going to my parent's house to have her birthday party would be hectic! More to come on the party and our trip home! Please be praying for Wes, Michael and my Dad as they are in Brazil spreading the gospel! They made it safely and we were able to facetime Wes tonight which was nice. Leighton keep saying "Da-da" and kissed the screen. Too sweet....his girls miss him already. 

Comments

Popular Posts