An Ironman by Association


"Casey Moore, You. Are. An. Ironman." Okay, no I am not an Ironman. But my sister-n-law and brother-n-law both are as of this past Sunday. I watched them swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, then run a marathon (26.2 miles). That makes me an Ironman by Association right? Anyway, Katie and Marc are crazy people but also very determined people. I am happy for them for accomplishing their goals and pretty amazed that our God can create human beings capable of doing such a thing.

So Mimi and Big Daddy (Candy and Kevin) flew out to Seattle last week and spent several days visiting with us in Seattle. I will have to steal some pictures from Candy because I used her camera to take pictures of their time at our house. Then we traveled to Spokane to stay with the Austins before their race. On Sunday we traveled from Spokane to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho for the Ironman.

Pictures from the day....
Kevin guarded the "package" aka Leighton most of the day from thieves  

Katie on bike
Leighton amused by the fish blimp 

pretty day on the lake 
high fives as Katie starts the run portion
L participating in the chanting "Katie, Katie, Katie"
"Marc, Marc, Marc, Marc"
where they swam 2.4 miles 
Strolling in Coeur d'Alene
wish I would have taken L swimsuit  
Marc closing in on the finish line
refueling with pizza
I think this may be the first family picture we have of the 7 of us

Comments

Popular Posts