The Third Wheel

Our first Valentine's Day as a family of three. Wes and I are not too consumed with the Hallmark Card Holiday but since we have been dating/married, I am pretty sure we have "celebrated" somehow whether it was cooking dinner for one another, a movie, making a gift, etc. However this Valentine's Day we both found ourselves laughing as this scene unfolded at about noon today... I was sitting at kitchen table feeding Leighton broccoli while signing the card I got for Wes and he was about 5 feet away from us signing a card to me at the kitchen counter! I'm glad neither of us expect the other to display more love on February 14th compared to any other day or we would be in trouble this year. But it did remind me that whether we spend time alone (without L) today or another day, we do need to make sure it happens. With our newest addition, time to ourselves is few and far between. Being a parent is still new to us and we love being around Leighton. Also it is just easier sometimes to take her with us places than get a babysitter. But I am going to make more of an effort to make sure Wes and I have more "date nights or date days" in the future! Thank you Valentine's Day for bringing it to my attention.
So our Valentine's Day consisted of taking Leighton to school.....
Wes doing some school reading and myself doing some stuff for work. Then Leighton got festive and we gave her a stuffed animal and balloon.....she is the best third wheel!
Then we had our small group over to the house for a Game Night and fellowship. Everyone was suppose to dress festive so Wes and I came as the Sweetheart Candies. And Sam dressed up....I'll name him Super Cupid.
Lastly I saw this on the internet today, TN is the state of love apparently... 3 cities were listed in the Top 20 Most Romantic US Cities Poll by Amazon! Washington had 2 so I guess Wes and I need to make a trip to Vancouver WA or Everett WA. Grami or Mimi want to come babysit for a weekend???
1. Knoxville, TN
2. Alexandria, VA
3. Springfield, MO
4. Orlando, FL
5. Cincinnati, OH
6. Vancouver, WA
7. Miami, FL
8. Murfreesboro, TN
9. Dayton, OH
10. Columbia, SC
11. Pittsburgh, PA
12. Clearwater, FL
13. St. Louis, MO
14. Erie, PA
15. Clarksville, TN
16. Everett, WA
17. Gainesville, FL
18. Las Vegas, NV
19. Rochester, NY 
20. Tallahassee, FL

Comments

Popular Posts