Little Ladies

My little ladies are growing up. There has been a shift from little girls to little women lately in the Moore home. Leighton will be 13 next month and though Sadie is 10 until July she is right on the tails of Leighton. We have been experiencing the swings of puberty and the easy irritation they fill. Leighton’s is usually directed at Sadie and Sadie’s is usually directed at Levi (sometimes Leighton). We are learning that words matter, they can hurt, and they can also be used for good. Sadie is currently more impacted by words from Leighton and Leighton is mostly impacted by peer’s words. Sadie has surprised me in caring about her appearance at a younger age than Leighton did in the sense that she wants the name brands/latest styles.  I find that hard to parent as I love to spoil them and I understand desires/fun but also don’t want them to be consumed with consumerism.

 


Leighton did a bold thing this winter and entered her bangs era. I think she was inspired by the ever so popular Taylor Swift. She can rock them well! It has impact the entire family as when she is upset with her curls or bangs we all know. I have been late to work due to bang duty on more than one occasion. She is pretty and this is also a learning experience for us all. Seeing our beauty within as Christ sees us is and will be a life long lesson.

 

Below are many pictures of them having fun with friends, sleep over, primping in the mirrors (not pictured is yelling at Levi to get out of their room), cooking, coffee shops, Wes and Sadie at the father/daughter dance, trying on clothes, shopping, and more! I love growing with them and their personalities. We may have irritable disputes here and there but I pray we all three continue to grow in love and friendship. I can tell by their senses of humor, I want to be their friends. 

Leighton was selected as a student ambassador for WCA



















Sadie memorized a large excerpt of the declaration of independence which was impressive. It landed her Cicero at WCA and a ticket to regional speech meet  

Sadie being sad that she got the highest tier at regional speech meet (Cicero) because she didn’t get the 1 medal awarded to person with perfect score… another lesson on doing our best without having to be the best ….



Leighton celebrating Maddie's birthday 








me in my "frownies" to prevent wrinkles and Sadie matched me with a sticker! 

Joslyn and Vivian Swartz are sisters in the same grades as the girls and they enjoyed a sleepover





joys of sharing a bathroom as siblings




 

Comments

Popular Posts