Blue Room Reno

We spend quite a bit of family time in our upstairs bonus room. It had become a catch all for toys, activities, books, games, and furniture that didn't fit elsewhere. It is also where we watch TV/movies. Over the 5 years in the house, we had painted different things from wall to trim/fireplace. There was also a paneling wall left from previous owner. I wanted to the room to feel more cohesive, so we (Wes) painted the room all blue (also known as the color drenching trend). And when I mean painted it all the same color, we did. The trim, walls, ceiling, paneling, doors and fireplace are all now blue. We were able to use our attic space and storage cloests to still store activities, toys and games. There was an unused half wall that Wes (with the help of Jim) built bookshevles that were then also painted blue! After the addition of a few new decorating pieces and replacing our two old couches with one L shaped sectional I would say we are done! We now enjoy going into the space as it feels cozy and purposeful! 
It gave us something to focus on inside during the winter months! 









Wes picked out the chair and I was proud of him! Love the reading nook. 




I replaced the black landline with a rotary phone which is fun. I like having a landline and I think the kids do too :) 




 

Comments

Popular Posts