Its the Holiday Season


We got our Christmas tree, per usual, at Gales. They name their trees and ours this year is Bagheera. 
Mom dressed the kids up for a photo for her Christmas card.... the girls participated but Levi had to be bribed with a desk pet. 
Decorating our tree this year was nostalgic as always due to the ornaments. We added an extra layer of nostalgia by using retro big colored bulbs and icicles (or tinsel?) as my grandmother used to do. 
The upper school students from WCA put on a Madrigal Dinner and Show. Leighton and her classmates participated as servers as well as sang a few songs. Leighton also played two piano pieces. She was the server for our table. It was all done well and I am glad to see the kids learning about different time periods such as Renaissance. 

I have to document our almost daily runs to Lake Road Market as there is always some grocery item I forget. 
This month we were also treated to Mrs. Maynard's piano recital in which Leighton played two pieces like a little professional. 


Ice skating is always one of those things that sounds good in theory. The kids ask to go every winter and did have a good time. At first they were like little fawns but eventually got the hang of it. The girls tried to do twirls by the end and Levi made it even to the middle of the rink and off the wall. 
Leighton would sweetly help Levi too. Sadie was constantly sheading clothing claiming to "be hot". 
Levi and I on a shopping date for the girls. Wes took the girls. Then they came home and wrapped the gifts they bought for one another eagarly. 
On a different day, Sadie wanted to go to Good Kind for a treat. This is where all my money goes I suppose, coffee shops but I wouldnt trade the 1 on 1 time! 
When Levi is at home all he wants to do is shoot ball in his room :) 
An early Christmas present for Wes and I was a date night to go see Hamilton downtown at Playhouse Square. As a family we have enjoyed the music and the taped version on Disney+ but it was fun to see it live. Though the cast was different, they did a great job! 
I am not sure why Sadie was upset below. I think she was just tired. She wasnt upset about Wes brushing her hair. He said "I dont know how much longer Sadie is going to let me brush her hair" which made me sad and I took a picture to remember. Leighton has also been working on PowerPoint presentation for school in which she depicts Grandmother's life. She has called her several times to ask questions. Leighton said "she is so fun to talk to. It is all so interesting!" It is rare that you get to talk to your 98 year old great-grandmother who still has her mind. She has seen alot since 1924! 
The kids pulled the couch bed out to watch TV upstairs and they have wanted to keep it out as they said it makes a cozy space. I have caught them doing homework up here and also watching Full House. They love that show! 
As a family we went to the library and applied for passports for everyone! The kids needed them for the first itme and Wes and I needed to renew. They keep themselves buys reading and were also happy to join me in watching the UK basketball game on my phone while we waited. 
Our 6 week small group session from church ended a couple of weeks ago. We went through the book Side by Side by Ed Welch as a church. So to wrap up our time, the group came over for brunch. It is neat how the Lord puts people together in this room who wouldn't have likely been together. We do need people in our faith and the lie that it is only between you and God that many believe is unfortunate. As the book repeatedly pointed out, we are called to be needy and to be needed
I also got talked into getting gingerbread house kits for the kids. Leighton and Lydia work deligently and slowly. Sadie's gingerbread got messy really fast and then collapsed and became a "sandwich" that was covered in icing. Levi had my help and was proud of our piece. 
Happy Advent Season! 

Comments

Popular Posts