Weddings, High Tea, Pool time, and Strawberry Picking

Wedding season began and we were happy to get to go to Vermillion on-the-lake to celebrate one of Wes' coworkers weddings. It was a lovely little date night while Mom stayed with the kids. 
Levi is always ready for a card game, especially Uno or Rat-a-tat cat! 
Mom loves to take the girls to tea rooms so we visited Emeral Necklace Inn tea room again. It was delightful! 
Different personalities take different pictures! 
Meanwhile Levi was a party in the park outing with Wes and our church. He was with his friend Sloan who really really likes Levi. Levi plays it cool but secretly likes the attention. 
And the pool opened!! Kids were thrilled. 
Brunch time! This was the calm before Wes and I's storm or argument in First Watch over Leighton having an apple watch. We were not listening to each other and it really upset Sadie especially. All day she asked us if we had apologized to each other yet. We were both being prideful but when we got to church that evening the Spirit worked and reminded us of our recent study of Sermon on the Mount. In this we agreed that we should reconcile with a brother or sister in Christ. We took time to talk and reconcile at church before coming into worship and I was so thankful as then we were able to hear the Word and enjoy. The Lord's ways (and I appreciate Sadie's prompting) are always best. Though I was sad the kids saw us fight, I was thankful for the transparency and being able to share with them about reconciliation and its importance. 
Leighton's mother's helper job has also morphed into helping one of my coworkers by watering her plants while she was out of town :) 
We did enjoy strawberry picking with our family friends, the Browns, at Fitch's Farm this past weekend. I had nice flash backs to my middle school days when my parents planted a couple acres of strawberry plants so we could enjoy them and sale them to neighbors. My parents only remember Michael and I eating and not picking or weeding! 
The Browns have 4 girls who play well with our family. Levi still tries to act cool with Sloan but will help her! 
Also who is the little woman Leighton. She just turned 11 last month and for me is looking 23 in these pictures! Love her and hope we are besties (I at least tell her that periodically) 







 

Comments

Popular Posts