May Days

 The month of May is busy with the end of the school year activities and pretty weather rolling in makes us want to be out and about.... like taking the girls to the tennis courts which happens to be next to the library :)  

Sadie's soccer kept us busy as well. Her team has not won a game but she is having fun and getting better. This is a different competition level than rec league was so she is learning you cant dominate it without some thought, skill, and endurance (they run alot in soccer!). 

Levi has befriended the 3 year old neighbor's kid who's backyard connects to ours. His name is Theo and he is also Leighton's summer job. She is scheduled to go over there 2 days a week for 2 hours each to be a mother's helper. Her first job! 
End of the year field trips and activities. Leighton and her friend, Maddie. And Leighton and Lydia who talk multiple times a day on the phone. They love the freedom of calling and connecting and regularly plan their own hangouts. And Joslyn is also a friend in third picture just lives farther away. 
Sadie and Levi can argue exponentially more than Leighton and Levi. I think Sadie expects more out of him because they are closer in age, while Leighton caters. 
Sadie also wants to have play dates with friends, it just seems to require more planning as some of her close school friends dont live as close. Here she is with McKinely. Also thankfully our friends the Guertins and Kohls have daughters about Sadie's age she can play with when get together. 
Sadie at Mary's birthday. 
Sadie also enjoys time with Vivian but she is Josyln's sister who lives farther away unfortunately (above)
Sadie snapped this picture of Levi and I and I think it sums up relationship well. Always kissing on him... how many more years do I have! 
After tennis on the weekends, Leighton and I have been slowly working our way through Revelation using a Nancy Guthrie study, Blessed. Per usual, so good and recommended. 
I love one on one dates and time and the kids school, WCA, had a mother/son bowling night so Levi and I went out to dinner/ice cream and then bowling together. Best time! 
with our friends the Kohls, the twins though finishing 4th grade are so kind and including of Levi! 

As I mentioned we are wanting to be outside in the backyard or biking on these pretty 70-80 degree days! 
I love when I see any of the kids holding hands, unprompted by us. 
Playing tennis with my friends is also fun (like Devon above) and the family playing crochet with Rachel and Mary Grace. 
I tell the kids I take pictures of their work when they see me throw them away ... sorry we just dont have space to keep all the papers and art work. Even mother's day art, took a picture. Anyways this is Levi drawing our small group as he spied through the window at Wes, myself, Ben and Sammy. 

Here's to kicking off Summer with many walks and dinners outside! 




Comments

Popular Posts