The Kids' Current Phases

 As the kids grow and change I want to remmeber their personalities and things they were into. Levi is currently into mask. He can be seen at breakfast, running outside, or in bed wearing various masks (usually Hulk or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ones because that is what we have). In fact it was his idea the other night to match our green mask because he knows I will periodically do a Tata Harper green face mask :) He also saves his extra school work until bedtime, conveniently. So even though I try to get him to read earlier or what not, he will say he wants to practice math, phonograms or read once we have issued bedtime. 

Levi
Levi is fine doing home work after school and really gets into projects such as his country project, Ukraine. He is not as keen on practicing memory verses or project verbal speech as much. 
Levi's first tooth lost also happened this month. It seems like it was loose for weeks. Finally it was hanging on by a thread and I could tell he was excited for it to come out so I just held him down and pulled. Wes will not pull teeth and I dont mind/enjoy (I know its weird). 
I find it cute when I periodically find set ups in Levi's room or the way he sets up his bed. Its cute. Or when we look on the monitor and see him sitting up looking at book on the monitor. We still keep a monitor on him for seizures at night. 
Sadie

Sadie is into (as she would say) "really good food". She wants to make, try and order interesting and different options. She is usually the only one who vocalized if she likes or dislikes meal choices. So the other night we were at Mitchells and her and I shared and coke float (her first one that we didn't make at home) and she said "we must always get this... next time we could try root beer or orange crush" with over enthusiasm. Sadie also helped me make this Derby Pie and since Leighton will bake by herself, Sadie was so excited to be asked to help stir/mix and lay pecans on top! She says "I like feeling useful."

Leighton

Leighton is definitely into friends! Her and Lydia call each other multiple times a  day on the land line. She enjoys time alone with friends more and more and this can lead to disputes with Sadie. She still really enjoys baking adn any responsibility we give her. She uses phrases such as "I want to be useful". She is working on finding her place in the tension of being preteen. It makes me think of the tenison we all live in in this world and the world not yet to come when Jesus returns. Same situation we each face with desire for future and our reality of the present. But overall she definitely loves reading still! She always has a book in hand J

 


They are all in to surprising, celebrating someone! For Mothers Day they decorated the house and Leighton made homemade chocolate and raspberry cupcakes. Wes said Sadie had drawn out plans for each of the rooms in the house (including where decorations woudl go and what neeeded to be cleaned). Levi picked out sunflower flowers since that is Ukraine's flower and he was coming off his project high. Levi also called me while I was at work to volunteer "we decorated your chair in blue and white but that is all I am going to tell you." When I got home I was bombarded with flowers and a photoshoot. They are sweet and thanks to Wes for helping execute. 

I'm not the best mom (too much pressure and a non-deserving title) but I am the best for them because God put us together :) 


Comments

Popular Posts